Did you know that Arkansas is 4th in the nation for growth in National Board Certified Teachers?
Arkansas Teachers for National Board Certification is excited to host
Teaching & Reaching 2015!
- Saturday, February 28, 2015
- American Heritage Conference Center on the campus of Harding University (915 E Market Ave, Searcy, AR)
- 8:30am-9:00am Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00am-3:30pm Conference (hot catered lunch buffet included)
- See our conference flyer. Print it and invite someone.
What to expect at the conference:
- $55 conference & membership fee (before Feb. 15th)
- $65 conference & membership fee (after Feb. 15th)
- Register and pay online, Check, Purchase Order, or on-site or mail payments to: Sandra Lawrence, ATNBC Co-Treasurer, P.O. Box 441, Bryant, AR 72089
Speakers: Justin Minkel, NBCT and Senator Joyce Elliott
Bios: Justin Minkel teaches 1st grade at Jones Elementary in Northwest Arkansas, a school where 85% of the students are English Learners and 98% live in poverty.
Justin is the 2007 Arkansas Teacher of the Year, a 2006 Milken Educator, and a 2000 Teach For America corps member. He is a 2011 National Board Certified Teacher, with an undergraduate degree from Cornell University and a Masters in Elementary Education from the University of California at Berkeley. Justin has taught kindergarten through 7th grade in New York, California, Arkansas, and Senegal, West Africa. He is the author of the children’s book Clubhouse Clash.
Elected in November 2008, Senator Joyce Elliott currently represents District 33 in Little Rock. During the 87th General Assembly, she serves on several legislative committees and subcommittees including Senate Education; Senate City, County and Local Affairs; Arkansas Legislative Council; Legislative Joint Auditing; and the Joint Adequacy Evaluation Oversight Subcommittee.