Since 1999 the Arkansas Department of Education has made it possible for many Arkansas teachers to become National Board certified. Upon receiving certification many educators ask, "What do I do now?"
The answer to this question is an organization dedicated to National Board Certified teachers, candidates, facilitators and other education professionals interested in advancing accomplished teaching in our state.
It’s been an eventful spring for ATNBC. The annual conference on February 28 was attended by educators across the state and distinguished guests included two members of NBPTS staff: Executive Vice President, Peggy Brookins, and Vice President, Outreach and Engagement, Nancy Schwartz. State Legislators Joyce Elliott, Jonathan Dismang, and Clarke Tucker also attended.
The following week, House Resolution 1025 was approved. This Resolution “TO HONOR ARKANSAS NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFIED TEACHERS AND TO RECOGNIZE THEIR POSITIVE IMPACT ON ARKANSAS STUDENTS,” is a great step for teachers AND students in our state.
In March, ATNBC reps Clara Caroll, Sandra Eddleman, Mary Beth Wallace, and Nancy Fancyboy traveled to Washington, D.C. for Teaching & Learning 2015. Some of the most important take aways were
- Strategies for devoloping digital learning,
- Learning about movement and multisensory teaching approaches,
- The need for educators to unite through organized groups so that our voices are heard as educational policies are discussed at local, state, and national levels.
Keep teaching & reaching,
Mary Beth Wallace, NBCT
ATNBC President 2015
I do not know why some are receiving the emails and some are not, but those who are, would you please pass on the following message.
We still show about 450 NBCTs who have not gone into ATLAS and responded to their Assurance Statements.
If you cannot remember how to get to ATLAS,
- Wonderful new website from NBPTS for new and potential candidates: http://www.boardcertifiedteachers.org/
- Learn more about the new revisions to the National Board Certification process: http://www.boardcertifiedteachers.org/about-certification/updates